The East Carolina Alumni Association is proud to announce the recipients of the 2016 Alumni Awards.
Virgil Clark ’50 Distinguished Service Alumni
This award given to dedicated volunteers with a record of service and leadership with the alumni association and university.
- Douglas Privette ’72, member of the ECU Medical & Health Sciences Foundation Board of Directors
This award is given to those who did not attend East Carolina but who have claimed the university as their own through substantial service and loyalty.
- John Bray, retired ECU professor and founder of A Time for Science learning center in Grifton, NC
Our most prestigious award recognizes exceptional achievement and leadership in the recipient’s profession and/or public affairs.
- Henry Hinton ’75, president of Inner Banks Media, LLC
- Maj. Gen. Frederick Padilla ’82, US Marine Corps, president of National Defense University
- Steve George Smith ’73, retired CEO of Eveready East Africa Limited
- Cathy Thomas ’79, ’86, ’88, branch manager, NC Division of Public Health
Save the date! These recipients will be honored at the 2016 Alumni Awards Ceremony and Dinner on Friday, October 28 as part of homecoming weekend at ECU. All alumni are welcome to attend. More details will be posted as they become available.
If you’d like to nominate someone for the 2017 awards, nominations will be accepted through November 1, 2016. Click here for more information.
By Jackie Drake